If your browser hasn't opened it, you will have a .DMG file to double click to open. The DMG will open to a disk mounted in the Finder.
2. Copy to Applications directory
Simply drag it to your Applications directory. You might be prompted by your system for an administrator password.
3. Launch as needed or keep in Dock
Most users just open the app as needed. If winmail.dat files are a chronic problem for you, you can keep the app in your doc and drag winmail.dat files to it. See below for more.
How To Use
If you keep TNEF's Enough in the Applications folder, just click to launch. Or store in the Dock if you get frequent winmail.dat files.
2. Open File
TNEF's Enough opens winmail.dat files to show you what's inside them. Assuming you have the winmail.dat file in an email, here are a couple ways to open it:
- Save the file out of your email program. Choose Open... from TNEF's Enough File menu and locate the file.
- Save the file out of your email program. Drag the file to the TNEF's Enough icon in the Dock.
- Simply drag the attachment from your email program to the TNEF's Enough icon in the Dock.
3. Export Files
TNEF's Enough will then show you a window representing the TNEF file. The content is similar to an email message showing the typical From and Subject fields along with sent date, message body and attached files.
There are several ways to get the files out of the winmail.dat file:
- Select one or more files and select Export... from the File menu.
- Choose Export All... from the File menu to get all the files.
- Select one of more files and drag then to Finder.
Read the FAQ for more information.
Here is the most recent version history of the app.
- version 3.2.1 (Source)
- Code signed and compatible with Gatekeeper.
- version 3.2 (Source)
- You can now print the TNEF windows!
- version 3.1 (Source)
- TNEF files with an HTML body will now display in a web view.
- Better support for international characters.
- version 3.0 (Source)
- Complete re-write of app.
- Parsing is based on libytnef.
- App tested on 10.6.8 and 10.7.1.
Let me know if you have any problems with using TNEF's Enough or if you have suggestions for future versions. My time to answer emails is a bit spotty to say the least but I'll try my best to answer your questions.
For everyone who has donated or has passed on their appreciation, I say "Thank You!" Your donations help to keep the lights on (or web site running) so that others with winmail.dat problems on Mac OS X can find a free solution.